There are many ways to connect with local residents or to meet up with fellow internationals. There are international communities that you can join, or conversation groups where newcomers practice the local language.
Joining a local sport,cultural organisation or other recreational club guarantees that you can easily blend in with your local community. Why not do some volunteer work? There are a lot of volunteering opportunities across the city where you can help make a difference. Don’t forget to check what your employer offers for its international employees. Your company might have a page on Facebook where colleagues exchange tips and tricks about the local culture and activities.
- Get more information about the network possibilities that your company or organisation offers.
- Find out more about the many expat communities that exis.
- Join a local sport or cultural organisation. Contact the sport or culture services of the city (website in Dutch only, but you can call/email in English); they will guide you through the different possibilities in and around Leuven.
- Check the ‘Uit kalender’ (only in Dutch) for all of the cultural activities in Leuven.
- Inquire about volunteering opportunities.
- Make an appointment at the Agentschap Integratie & Inburgering or Integration Agency. Useful info on what they can help you with is available in this article.
- There are different network possibilities for international workers. Investigate their offers and network opportunities.
Suppliers, channels and tools