Summer activities and camps for children
Camp is happening! Children can start looking forward to a summer of unforgettable moments with (new) friends. Are you looking for some fun activities or a sports/themed camp for your kids this summer in the Leuven region?
The container website www.kampzoeker.be allows filtering per theme, age, period and location. The site is in Dutch, but you can use a translation add-on (Google Translate for example) to make a first selection and then call the organisers to get more details and to enquire about the possibility for non-Dutch speaking children to join.
There’s a lot to choose from so here are some tips:
- All sports
- 3y to 19y
- During the summer holiday
- Whole days or half days
- Registration possible until 1 week before the start date (if places are available)
- What to bring: lunch if kids are staying the whole day and a beverage
- All dates, locations and prices on the website
- Need some help registering? Call or email the service desk: 016 27 22 20 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Zomerkamp (summer camp)
- Workshops, games and crafts
- 3y to 15y
- During the summer holiday, per week (not on 21 July)
- 8:00 – 9:00 registration
- 9:00 start activities
- 12:00 - 13:00 lunch break (bring lunch box)
- 16:00 end of activities
- 16:00 - 17:30 deregistration
- Where: Basisschool GO! De Grasmus, Grasmushof 5, 3000 Leuven
- What to bring: morning snack, lunch, beverage (water is foreseen)
- Info and registration (per week) can be done via the youth service: 016 27 27 50 or email@example.com
Cirkus in beweging (circus in motion)
- Depending on the chosen program: circus, acrobatics, parkours, skating, creative workshops, yoga,…
- Special program for children with a physical and/or mental disability
- Different locations and different dates between 1 – 17 July
- More info and registrations
- For additional help with registration 016 60 32 63 of firstname.lastname@example.org
Tips from the Leuven internationals
Our Facebook group Expats in Leuven is always a good source of information. Here’s what the members suggested:
- Sports and themed camps with Sporty
- The art of motion for 6y-9y old in Rotselaar
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Self-defense for children from 5+ years old in Heverlee
Expatica just published a nice article on international summer camps.
Just looking for a day activity with the family? Try the website uitmetvlieg.be to find a children-friendly outing ranging from outside playgrounds to guided excursions.
Feel free to share any additional tips you might have with the international community by sharing in the group or by sending us an email.
Enjoy the holidays!
Newsletter December 2020
Leuven highest newcomer in Small Cities Index, CHS 24/7 Helpline, things to do in Leuven
Take a holiday in your home city Leuven
27 July 2020 - Take a holiday in your home city Leuven: download Leuven's holiday magazine (in English)
19 June 2020: free career webinars and individual counselling sessions, summer camps for kids, Re-open EU info platform, citizen engagement, lunch concerts
Renting in Leuven: don't forget the survey/inventory report!
All you need to know about plaatbeschrijvingen or the survey/inventory report
Less red tape in use of EU public documents
The 'Regulation on Public Documents' aims to simplify the use of certain public documents
Brexit info evening 12 Feb: slides & links available
The British Embassy and the city of Leuven held an information evening for UK citizens on Brexit. The slide deck presented that evening on Belgian nationality is now available.