Will you have some free time this summer and want to take a plunge into a language course? There are limited options for intensive summer language courses around Leuven, so it’s best to know ahead of time where and when to register. To find out which option works best for you, your budget and your time check out the websites and information below.
CLT: adult online intensive language courses
- Levels: 1.1, 1.2, 2.1, and 2.2
- Price: 72 euros + materials + handbook
- Track: 120 hours
- Monday – Friday 9:00 – 12:30
- English: levels B1.2 and B1.4; 105 euros + materials
- French: levels A1, B1.2, and B1.4; 105 euros + materials
- German: A1; 105 euros + 13 euro of materials + handbook
- Italian: A1; 105 euros + 20 euro of materials - Spanish: A1; 105 euros + 18 euros of material
Before registering for a course, you have to either take a test to determine if you have the appropriate level for that class or have already taken a course at CLT (if that’s the case then you would register for the next level following the last course you passed). Go directly to the CLT website to find out exactly how and when you need to take the assessment test for each language.
ILT (KU Leuven): adult online intensive language courses
(fully booked for summer 2021, but you can sign-up for the waitlist)
Requirements to take this course are that you must be at least 18 years old and have finished secondary school. A passive knowledge of French or English would be helpful. The ILT Dutch as a foreign language courses have been accepted by the government as occupational training; participants are therefore entitled to paid educational leave (inquire with ILT and your employer for more information).
- Placement test required: test is held on July 29th
- Date of courses: August 2nd – 26th; Monday – Thursday (9:00-12:00, 2:00-4:00)
- 20 hours/week
- Price: 300 euros + course materials
- Levels: Elementary (A2), Intermediate A (A2+), Intermediate B (B1), Advanced A (B1+), Advanced B (B2)
- Registration: open now, but only for the wait-list (it’s worth a try!)
Other language learning resources
If you don’t have time for an intensive course this summer, there are many online resources that you can use to practice at your own pace.
- Duolingo: free language learning tool (online and smart-phone application)
- Learn Dutch online: free online Dutch courses in the form of YouTube videos
- Babbel: subscription of 1, 3, 6, or 12 months to language courses and exercises
Helpful info about the Intergration Agency
Have you just arrived in Flanders and is it all new to you? Or have you been here for some time, but still don’t feel quite at home? The Integration Agency will help you on your way.
Things to do & see during heritage day
A trail of lights leads you past a variety of heritage related activities in the city center of Leuven during heritage day (or rather weekend) on 24 and 25 April
Is your health insurance fund good value for money?
How should you assess the (price) differences when choosing your public health insurance fund?
Gardening in the City
The city can help you and your neighbours take over a plot of public land as a neighbourhood allotment.
Take a holiday in your home city Leuven
27 July 2020 - Take a holiday in your home city Leuven: download Leuven's holiday magazine (in English)
Renting in Leuven: don't forget the survey/inventory report!
All you need to know about plaatbeschrijvingen or the survey/inventory report
Less red tape in use of EU public documents
The 'Regulation on Public Documents' aims to simplify the use of certain public documents