When you want some help around the house, you can always use ‘dienstencheques’ or service vouchers.
The service voucher or dienstencheque is a means of payment, subsidised by the authorities, which allows a private user to pay an employee of a recognised company advantageously for household work. This household work includes cleaning (also window cleaning), laundry and ironing, clothing repair, doing groceries and preparing meals.
- Subscribe online to the company Sodexo to order service vouchers (Dutch only)
- Make a choice between the paper service vouchers or the electronic service vouchers
- determine the help you need and choose one of the recognised companies for household help (only in Dutch)
- Contact the company of your choice
- The minimal order is 10 service vouchers, the maximum order is 1000 service vouchers for a family
- The period of validity of service vouchers is 8 months
- The purchase of service vouchers gives right to a tax advantage of 30%
- The work or services performed can only be used for private needs
- While Sodexo is the government appointed company to issue the service vouchers or dienstencheques, they do not provide the household help. There are a lot of commercial companies who provide the household help that you then pay via the system of dienstencheques
Suppliers, channels and tools
Internationals living/working in the Leuven region, searching for help around the house