Partner event: A happy expat spouse - expectation vs reality
This event is organised by a partner of International House Leuven
Whether it’s a first time move or one of many, every spouse faces personal challenges during the transition which are specific to expat life; loss of identity, lack of direction, loneliness…
During this 45 minute talk followed by a Q&A you'll:
- gain insights to help ease the adjustment into your new life
- learn tools to deal with the unique challenges you're faced with
- realize that you are not alone
The insights and tools offered serve practical and everyday challenges that will benefit the spouses immediately, helping them better manoeuvre the obstacles they encounter.
The speaker is Tanya Arler, a seasoned Expat spouse, personal development speaker/coach, 3rd culture kid, and author of the book "UNPACK-a guide to life as an Expat spouse".
With wit and humour, Tany Arler will
- reveal how attitudes and expectations help or hinder adjustment,
- offer new perspective on how to rebuild your identity, and
- share indispensable wisdom for managing what she calls 'the bumps in the road'.
More info and tickets on Eventbrite
09:30 - 11:30