WAITING LIST -- Horse-back riding!
Join us for a two and a half hour trail ride in the Averbode forest!
The 2.5 hour trail ride on horse back is through the forest near Averbode with two guides and includes a half-way stop and a drink at a local pub. This is not a riding lesson, but a real trail ride out in the nature reserve 'de Merode', which is known for its woodlands, fields of heather and dunes (yes dunes, in the middle of Belgium!). Riding experience is not required, but it is recommended. We will be riding western and safety helmets are required.
To arrive at the stables at 13:30, the group will either take the train/bus, or if there are enough available cars we can figure out a carpool situation.
To ensure an enjoyable and safe trail ride for riders of all levels only 5 spots are available. The group is accompanied by two experienced guides, so when we come to paths suitable for trotting or cantering we have the possibility to split up. The willing and able go with one guide and shift things up a gear, while the other group continues a leisurely walk with the second guide.
A couple of practical things that you need to know in advance:
- We organise this trail ride with pleasure but as a facilitator only. The ticket price is the price of the trail ride which is €50 (including the drink) and Eventbrite ticket fees, nothing more. We ask to pay in advance to ensure we have "real" participants. We don't particularly enjoy doing this but experience with no-shows at other events has unfortunately forced our hand. Refunds are possible up to 2 weeks before the ride.
- Although one of the IH staff will be present to help you on your way, the International House Leuven is in no way, shape or form responsible for any injuries or accidents, so we recommend that you confirm with your own insurance that you will be covered in case of an accident.
- We will be leaving Leuven a little before 13:00 (exact time and method of transportation, to be confirmed), to arrive at the stables at 13:30 and start the ride at 14:00. During the ride we will stop for a drink, and return to the stable around 16:30.
- This is Belgium after all, so good weather is not guaranteed. A trail ride in the rain is possible, only when the weather is really bad we may need to cancel. You'll be fully refunded if that's the case.
- During registration we will ask what your riding level is, so we can inform the trail guide. If you do not have a safety helmet you can borrow one from the stable.
To join us, register here (external page on Eventbrite)!
13:00 - 17:30
2431 Veerle-Heide (Laakdal voor ingave GPS)