Free Career Program - 12th ed.
Are you looking for a career boot camp, providing all the tools you need to enter the Belgian job market in just one week? Join edition 12 of our career program consisting of five half-day workshops (free but with no-show fee)
A participant's testimonial that says it all: "It transformed my perception of myself and my position in the job market. It also really helped me get an in-depth understanding of how I can find a job that works for me, and my values, to deliver long term satisfaction.On top of great practical insights into the job market, I have more clarity on myself and my approach"
AUDIENCE – Are you:
- An international (spouse) in Leuven looking to enter the Belgian job market after relocation?
- Wondering where to start and how to move forward?
- Searching to answer the question "what am I good at and what do I want to do"?
- Wanting to improve your CV, motivation letter and personal sales pitch?
PROGRAM: 9:00-12:30 with the necessary breaks
- 19 June: Self-assessment. Explore talents, skills, interest, motivation. Re-orientate or double check what you want and what you have to offer
- 20 June: Option assessment & business networking. Targeted networking in Belgium via all type of media, including LinkedIn
- 21 June: Application documents. CV, motivation letter & Belgian business culture
- 22 June: Personal Branding. Perfecting and practising your elevator pitch. Creating your own job search road map.
- 23 June: Interview training
APPROACH – During the training the focus will be on:
- Group coaching
- Interaction between the participants and the trainer
- Practical tips & tricks
- Tools to facilitate the networking process
- Exercises & exchange of experiences
- Hands-on tools for the job search
- Focus on what you have to offer and how to sell it
- Updated application documents
- Road map and action points to kick off your career!
- Express interest by filling out and following the directions on this online form. Group interaction is key, so only 12 places are available.
- If we have too many applicants a short intake will be done over the phone beforehand.
- Participation is free. International House Leuven offers the trainers, course material and organisation but in return we ask commitment and active participation. Past experience has forced us however to instate a formal no-show policy. A no-show fee of 60 € will apply for every half-day session missed without valid reason (own illness or of a family member; with doctor's certificate).
Monday 19 June 2023 - Friday 23 June 2023
International House Leuven
Free, after selection (no-show fee)
International House Leuven