Belgian governments at all levels are taking measures to slow down the spread of the coronavirus.
The city of Leuven's official website features a section in English highlighting the federal and local measures taken. These are updated regularly and can be consulted here: www.leuven.be/EN/coronavirus
Guidelines for (possible) patients People with symptoms (coughing, sneezing, fever, respiratory problems,...) are asked to contact their GP/family doctor by phone only. Do not go to the waiting room or the emergency department. Your doctor will determine by telephone whether you can remain at home or should go to the hospital. Doctors are allowed to issue a doctor's note that will be sent to your home.
In case you do not have a GP/family doctor in Leuven:
- During the day/workweek: you can look for a GP/family doctor in your area on the website of KHOBRA or Doctena
- After 19:00 and during the weekend: call 1733. Have your postal code and ID card at hand. If you have an international SIM card, call 02 524 98 89
- Only for students at KU Leuven, LUCA Lemmens or Vlerick: do not enter the Student Health Service, but make contact with your own family doctor or with the family doctor of the Student Health Service.
General health guidelines
Simple actions can help to avoid the spread of flu viruses and corona.
- Wash your hands regularly
- Always use paper tissues. Dispose of the tissues immediately after use and throw them away in a closed dustbin
- If you don’t have a tissue handy, sneeze or cough into the crease of your elbow, not your hands
- If you have flu-like symptoms, stay at home.
Questions & news
- General questions about the corona virus in Belgium
- Questions about the measures the city of Leuven is taking
- Phone: 016 27 27 72 (week + weekend, 8:00 - 20:00) also in English
- E-mail: email@example.com
News feeds in English: