Moving to Belgium from abroad is challenging for the whole family. To make the transfer for your children as smooth as possible, it may be useful to have them enrolled in an international school.
- Choosing a school is an important decision. So request more information about the International School of Leuven or other International schools in Belgium. It also can be useful to get more information about the Belgian school system and the local pre and primary schools in Leuven, or schools for special needs in the region of Leuven.
- Ask about the annual tuition fee of the International School Leuven. In some companies the international staff can benefit from a reduced admission fee. Inquire about such initiatives in your company.
- Please contact the International School of Leuven (ISL) directly if you want to enroll your child there.
- The ISL offers preschool and primary education for children between the age of 2.5 and 12 years old.
- All lessons are taught in English. The teachers are able to teach and support students with little or no knowledge of English. All children will also receive lessons in Dutch, and French is taught in Upper-Primary.
- The International School of Leuven works with the International Primary Curriculum (IPC).
- The ISL follows the same calendar as the local schools in Belgium. The schoolyear in Belgium starts on September 1st and ends on June 30th. Here you can find more information about the school holidays in Belgium.
- A school day in ISL starts at 8:45 am and ends at 3:35 pm. On Wednesdays, school ends at 12:25 pm. Hot meals are available.
Parents who want to enroll their children (2.5 until 12 years old) in the International School of Leuven.