You're an international and new in town? You wouldn't mind having a local contact, somebody to talk to and a friendly face who can help you navigate life in Leuven?
Does this sound familiar?
- You are an international employee, researcher, entrepreneur, or an international family member
- You arrived in Leuven in the past 6 to 12 months and have the intention of staying for at least 1 year
- You could benefit from being paired with a Leuvener (international or not) to get to know your new home city
Register as a newcomer in our Welcome Ambassador Program and meet one of our welcome hosts!
Being paired with a welcome host for an initial period of 6 months will provide you with an instant connection in Leuven who would love to show you around, share their favorite places in Leuven, and get to know you! You and your welcome host decide together what you do and when. While you are spending time with your host you can ask them all kinds of questions about life in Leuven.
Join our program because you:
- want to learn more about life in Leuven
- want to meet other like-minded people who love Leuven!
- would be interested in networking with the international community in Leuven
After you fill out the application form, we'll get to work and try our best to match you with one of our welcome host (depending on availability of the hosts and both your interests).
As an FYI, you can expect to hear from us within 2 weeks (by e-mail so check your spamfilter).
Read more about the ambassador program in the handbook here.
Have you lived in Leuven for over a year, but would still like to be paired with a welcome host? Feel free to reach out to us via e-mail and we can see what we can do for you.